Thursday, 7 January 2010
Saturday, 23 February 2008
Monday, 18 February 2008
Health Benefits Of Green & White Tea
- Scientists are confirming what the Chinese knew centuries ago: the naturally occurring compounds found in Green & White Tea help to promote good health and longevity.
- High in unoxidized and unaltered polyphenols, which has strong antioxidant properties. These help to control the activity of free radicals, unstable molecules that damage cell structures and are implicated in a host of illnesses such as cancer and cardiovascular disease
- Contains Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) more powerful than Vitamin E – shown to keep influenza viruses in check and inhibits growth of bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Rich in fluoride and Vitamin C, B2, D, K and amino acids.
- Green & White Teas are drunk alone or after meals to aid digestion, which can lead to weight and cholesterol loss and keep a healthy immune system.
Ref: The New Tea Book By Sara Perry/ Chronicle Books
Saturday, 16 February 2008
We were one of the first to stock Sharyn Wortman's teas. Now she has over 150 Retailers all over the world and we are still one of them.
Teastack™ is a tin tea caddy that’s filled with four delicious organic loose leaf tisanes.
Each re-sealable layer comes wrapped in our unique philosophy on how to findHappiness, Friendship, Inspiration and Sleepiness.
This boldly coloured Teastack™ holds 30g each of Happiness and Inspiration Tea and 20g of Friendship and Sleepy Tea.
And what happens when the tea runs out?
You simply fill it up with your favourite teas, all sold separately.
Monday, 4 February 2008
From Charmaine Mok - "A freelance journalist and full-time gourmand, eating her way mostly through London and Hong Kong".
'In about three weeks I’ll be back in London, and this time, instead of complaining about it (though I probably will, inevitably) I’m going to try and look on the bright side of things. Namely, by listing out new places to visit and cafes/restaurants to eat and drink at! The first thing on my list is this new hybrid of a shop called Teaspoon Leluu & Dewdhory - a creative venture merging two of my favourite things - tea and fashion.'
'From what I can gather, Leluu started as a small independent fashion label with its own boutique in Covent Garden’s Seven Dials. In fact, I even think I’ve been in there several times, always amazed by the whimsical, beautiful clothing and accessories but always too skint to buy any of their pieces. Sadly, they shut down late last year due to extortionate rent. Luckily, they’ve reinvented themselves by opening up a new shop in Paddington - and have combined their love for fashion design with their love for teas! I’m really liking what I see so far.'
'I’m looking forward to trying some of their teas (they have free taste testings), like Earl Grey Supreme and Oriental Beauty Oolong, as well as their first-pick Shizuoka Sencha. And of course, perusing the racks and perhaps finally investing in a Leluu original!'
Teaspoon Leluu & Dewdhory
195 Praed Street, Paddington, London, W2 1RH
To buy or subscribe: